Full time position Monday to Friday 08.00 – 17.00
Salary negotiable based upon experience
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From its offices in Birmingham and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 70 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems
What will I be doing?
On a day to day basis, you will provide support across 2 of the group directors ensuring efficient diary management, email screening, prioritising and filtering and travel planning. You will work closely with the Directors to ensure that all business plans and actions are recorded, implemented and reviewed, allowing Directors to focus on business and client development. Organising meetings, preparing presentations / documents and minute taking.
On a day to day basis your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring time is created for the Directors to work on the growth of the business and not work “in the business”. Remove non-essential tasks and administration.
- Preparation of presentations, reports and measuring KPIs.
- Confidential minute taking, preparation of documents and reports, email management (sifting and responding where appropriate).
- Attending events to represent the business as and when necessary.
- Fully supporting Directors in the implementation and management of business plans, managing the action logs to ensure all agreed actions are prioritised and completed, liaise with the necessary Directors or HoDs, to chase outstanding actions.
- Telephone answering, management of diaries including co-ordinating meetings and events.
- Co-ordination and planning all travel and hotel requirements for the Company, managing the cost and centralising control and management of the process.
- Ensuring Directors 1-2-1 meeting are scheduled and completed and copies of action logs/reviews are held on file centrally for HR records.
- Where required, attend training and competency development courses as directed by the Company.
- Achieving, as a minimum, the objectives and KPI’s set by the Directors. Contributing to the continued success of the business, and in particular the PA job role, by participating in open and honest discussions with the Directors.
- Where directed, complete any tasks as requiredby the business across the Group companies to ensure compliance, safety and business continuity..
What experience would we like you to have?
- Knowledge and experience of using MS Office products including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Previous experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- The ability to work confidentially and communicate face to face and over the telephone.
- Good written communication skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures and able to accurately record information with high levels of attention to detail. Able to work to right first-time principles and strict deadlines.
- Previous experience as a Personal / Executive Assistant at board level.
What can you expect from us?
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee perkbox giving access to a range of discounts and vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.