RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems
What will I be doing?
The successful candidate will work as part of a team to deliver arboriculture work alongside the UK railway infrastructure. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of all elements of forestry works.
- Considering occupational and environmental risks to members of the workforce and public and raise to the Supervisor accordingly.
- Maintaining a healthy working relationship with Principal Contractors and/or Contractors, obtaining future work plans to assist growth.
- Ensuring a good knowledge of H&S in all elements of site delivery
- Ensuring a good understanding of tree identification
- Carrying out a complete risk assessments to a high standard
- Briefing out risk assessments confidently.
- Good understanding of how to identify, and work to, industry best practice and deliver excellent standards of work.
- Ensuring excellent customer service is provided to all Clients
- Achieving as a minimum the objectives and KPIs set by the business and the line manager, conduct open and honest discussions with line manager at monthly 1-2-1 meetings on successes/improvements in the role.
- Attending client meetings as required.
- Supporting, managing and giving direction to site teams as necessary.
- Attending reviews, updates and organisational meetings as and when required.
- Undertaking all other duties as reasonably required.
What experience would we like you to have?
It is essential that the successful candidate has the ability to meet the needs of the role through clear examples of past experience, in addition the candidate must hold NPTC CS30 and CS31 and NPTC Chipper qualifications. It is desirable but not essential that the candidate holds the following; Personal Track Safety (PTS), NPTC PA1, PA6, CSCS, NPTC CS 38 and CS39, these are not essential as training will be provided.
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com or apply online. We regret that we cannot respond to all applications personally. Please assume that if you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: Friday 28th June 2019