SOUTH EAST (BRENTWOOD)
Salary negotiable based upon qualifications and experience + car/allowance + excellent benefits package
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Newport, Brentwood and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems
What will I be doing?
As the Regional Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the business development of the Brentwood office and South East of England along with the professional development of RSS Infrastructure staff. You will oversee the successful resourcing and planning of labour requirements by the Resource team and ensure secure professional relationships with clients and contractors are built.
On a day to day basis you will oversee and ensure that:
- Contingent labour opportunities are maximised by delivering a pro-active business development approach.
- Productive working relationships are developed with colleagues and stakeholders to maximise business opportunities.
- Health & Safety requirements are met in your area of responsibility.
- Strong direction and leadership is delivered to direct reports as regional office grows.
- Compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
- A close working working relationship is developed with national depots/offices ensuring regular clear communication to maximise opportunities for the business.
- Colleagues and the contingent labour workforce are recruited, developed and retained.
- Your direct reports have clear development plans which are SMART.
- Clients are visited on weekly basis within designated region and beyond.
- Customer satisfaction is achieved.
- All workers placed into work are fully compliant with rail standards and UK employment legislation.
- Clear communication with fleet department regarding vehicle requirements, payroll for timesheets, orders and amendments.
- Your team are managed on a daily pro-active liaison with clients, ensuring orders received are successfully filled and clients notified in good time, in line with agreed service levels, ensuring that no worker is placed into work without proper confirmation, order being received.
- Client meetings, PDRs, safety meetings are attended as required by the clients in your geographical area to understand resource and advance resource planning. Review service and safety, highlight areas of improvement or recognition. Each depot for clients to be visited a minimum of once per month by self or competent team member.
- All safety briefs, tool box talks are delivered and recorded each period.
- Daily review of labour performance for any safety related incidents, exceedance of rail working hours, close calls.
- Workers fully understand their role with the client, the location, time and duration of the works. Ensuring all workers are compliant with the correct tickets and equipment for the role. All workers are spoken to regarding the booking and have confirmation text via Company CRM.
What experience would we like you to have?
Ideally you will have previous experience working within a Rail, Civils or Construction related Resourcing and/or Business Development role. Applications from candidates with experience of working in an office environment, successfully managing and developing a range of customer facing and support staff. Business to business customer service experience, coupled with good communication skills and experience of working to set procedures / processes are essential. A full UK driving licence is essential for this role.
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee perkbox giving access to a range of discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online. We regret that we cannot respond to all applications personally. Please assume that if you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: Friday April 19th 2019