competitive salary + excellent benefits package
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for managing the Resource team ensuring the provision of outstanding customer service to both clients and contractors of RSSI. Critically, you will take the lead on meeting and exceeding pre-determined targets and/or budgets through the development of new and existing clients through excellent customer service, generating continuous business opportunities across our portfolio of clients. The post holder will ensure all customer correspondence is channelled and logged through the resource desk, this includes phone calls, visits queries and closing out complaints. You will ensure that all staff are mentored and developed to ensure the business and individuals continuously improve. On a day to day basis your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers/contacts at all times.
- Managing the branch budget and costs to ensure profitability and growth are achieved.
- Ensuring that all staff have clear objectives and documented monthly 1-2-1 meetings to discuss the development of both themselves and their role in line with team objectives.
- Setting weekly team meetings for catch up and sharing of information.
- Recruitment, management and development of individuals within the team
- Ensuring that the Out of Hours team have clear and detailed information for weekend /nights cover and all calls documented and actioned.
- Having a clear understanding of each client, the key contacts and company requirements to ensure outstanding customer service is delivered.
- Responding promptly to customer and contractor enquiries and ensure timely response to all, ensuring all calls are answered within three rings.
- Ensuring that all actions for clients and candidates are recorded within the Customer Relationship Management system to allow clear reporting for KPI’s and recruitment requirements and trends.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer queries or complaints.
- Fully understanding all group services / products so that you can answer questions or to maximise opportunities for other departments.
- Ensuring all labour orders are acknowledged, recorded and acted upon in line with agreed internal and external timeframes.
- Continually reviewing and assessing the required resources and needs to maximise business opportunities and to ensure the department is fit for purpose.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and providing a professional customer focused mentorship to junior team members.
- Overseeing weekly labour meetings ensuring all client requirements are by building clear recruitment picture to support continued growth across the business.
What experience would we like you to have?
The successful candidate will ideally hold a minimum of 2 years experience managing a busy resource or recruitment function and be able to demonstrate the ability to meet the needs of the role through clear examples of past experience relative to the position. Should the successful candidate hold qualifications in customer services, team management or process improvement, these would be advantageous, although not essential.
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee perkbox giving access to a range of discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com or apply online. We regret that we cannot respond to all applications personally. Please assume that if you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date that your application has been unsuccessful.