Birmingham, Doncaster or Newport based.
Salary negotiable based upon qualifications and experience + car/allowance + excellent benefits package
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Newport, Doncaster and Brentwood, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for providing a professional Signalling service to RSS Infrastructure clients and customers, supporting the Head of Department for Signalling to grow the signalling business in a professional and sustainable way.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Provide advice on Signalling delivery solutions to Clients and customers.
- Manage the Signalling workforce and ensure we retain the necessary competency levels to deliver an excellent service to clients.
- Provide technical support to the workforce and to advice on operational queries.
- Act as a mentor to the workforce to ensure they are upskilled as necessary.
- Plan operational work, both one off blockades/projects to staged projects over a number of weeks.
- Provide professional advice and involvement with the Client’s project team at various levels of the works (depending on the complexity of Signalling solutions).
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients, principal contractors and industry specialists.
- Provide a single point of contact for the client for Signalling advice.
- Provide feedback on RSSI temporary workers and contractors to Head of Department.
- Provide feedback to all stakeholders on lessons learnt from Signalling projects.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
- Ensure a close working working relationship is developed with national depots/offices ensuring regular clear communication to maximise opportunities for the business.
- Ensure your direct reports have clear development plans which are SMART.
- Your team are managed on a daily pro-active liaison with clients, ensuring orders received are successfully filled and clients notified in good time, in line with agreed service levels, ensuring that no worker is placed into work without proper confirmation, order being received.
- Ensure all workers fully understand their role with the client, the location, time and duration of the works. Ensuring all workers are compliant with the correct tickets and equipment for the role. All workers are spoken to regarding the booking and have confirmation text via Company CRM.
What experience would we like you to have?
The successful candidate should have previous experience of working in an on-site technical and operational Signalling role, ideally as a Project Engineer or having worked operationally within Signalling at various levels to Supervisor. Previous experience of managing workforce and being confident with interfacing with staff across all departments within the company, clients and third parties. You should be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and evidence the ability to build collaborative client relationships as this is key to this role, as is the ability to effectively manage the Signalling employees.
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee perkbox giving access to a range of discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
- Company car or car allowance
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long- standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com or apply online. We regret that we cannot respond to all applications personally. Please assume that if you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: Friday April 26th 2019